Xp Swap File

Discussion in 'Software' started by Omicron, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Omicron

Omicron Private E-2

I heard that it is possible to have windows delete part of then swap file when you shut down the computer, I have also heard of programs that clean the swap file. I also heard that doing so could increase performance, especially results after a defrag.. I was wondering if anyone here does this/recommends doing this/ could tell me a safe way to do this ?

2. kadavill

kadavill MajorGeek

pagedefrag will derfrag the swap file, Xp-antispy will let you change the setting for clearing the page file at shutdown without using regedit.Enabling this option will make the shutdown a bit slower but reduce page fragmentation.Cleaning the swap file is also done for security purpose.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management > ClearPageFileAtShutdown > change value to 1

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds