Kicked Out Of A Theater For Texting. My Kinda Place

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Are signal blockers illegal? Why don't places utilize things like that?

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Cell phone blockers are illegal Laura.

"The Enforcement Bureau of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has announced new efforts to clamp down on the marketing, sale, and use of illegal cell phone and GPS jamming devices.

On February 9, the Bureau released two enforcement advisories and a downloadable poster on cell phone and GPS jamming that warn consumers, manufacturers, and retailers (including online and Web-only companies) that the marketing, sale, or use of such jamming devices is illegal."

http://www.insidegnss.com/node/2477

I disagree with them being illegal as long as they could be made to just work in a person's home or place of business, and signs were posted. But, nobody asked me about it. :)

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well Fred, you can still jam the phone with your 1911.:-D

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Augie, that would be frowned upon by local law enforcement. I don't want to really hurt them, just maybe slap them around a little. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds