Multiple Instances of IE

Discussion in 'Software' started by gulfvis, Oct 8, 2004.

1. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

Sometimes when opening a site, IE stalls and I have to type CTRL/ALT/DELETE to open the task manager. Many times I find numerous instances of IE running in the Services area. If I stop the individual IE's the site will then open properly. This action is not exclusive to any one particular site but can happen when I try to view any random site. Any ideas what to do to correct this?

2. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I tried to edit my question but was not quick enough. I meant to say that I found the multiple instances of IE in the PROCESSES area and not the Services area.

3. gulfvis

gulfvis Private E-2

I need to add the following information. I am running WinXP Home edition with SP2.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds