BSOD nvgts64.sys stop error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tibidisdik44, Dec 29, 2009.

1. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

I recently installed windows XP professional x64, and my comp. seems to be working fine, but when I go to install CODMW2, it gets done with disk 1, then when I open the disk tray, I get a BSOD and it says IQRL IS NOT LESS OR EQUAL and it seems to point out that nvgts.sys is the problem. I'm clueless as to why this is goin on, so I would appreciate any help you have to offer.

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

A bit more info required here.. whats the specs of your computer and have you any service packs installed on XP?? I take it you are using Nvidia Graphics, so is the driver updated.

3. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

Intel Core 2 quad cpu Q6600@2.40ghz 2.40 ghz 4.00GB of ram and I downloaded the latest video card drivers for Nvidia, but I downloaded driver detective, and it said that I have 4 drivers out of date. For some reason though, I cant use the free trial, but 2 of them were "Nvidia nforce Serial ATA controller" andanother was " Nvidia nforce system management" and I think the last one was " realtek high denifition audio drivers" if that helps any

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

So whats your motherboard and have you the Latest chipset installed ??

5. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

It's a penryn 1600SLI-110dB. (I think, I'm pretty new to comps, I had this 1 custom built)

6. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

OH! and I dont know how to update my chipsets...I know how to get to them in BIOS, but thats about it...

7. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

8. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

I went to nvidia, and they said they found an out of date driver so I'm Dling the new one, but dont I have to uninstall the old driver first? and if so, how do I do that?

9. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

If its a NEW driver not an update then uninstall the old one before installing the new.

10. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

yes, it says this is the recommended driver, so I'm assuming its a new one, but how do I uninstall the old ones, and which ones do I uninstall?

11. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

12. tibidisdik44

tibidisdik44 Private E-2

hey, thanks for the help, I finally got it workin, it was a driver issue, but everything seems to be working great...you guys rock!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds