Email received from address will not send to

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, May 7, 2012.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I get emails from individual regularly, and have been replying.
    Now, I can get email from that address, but when I send I get "An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: Syntax error in arguments. Please check the message recipient "..........."@gmail.com. and try again."
    I used copy, reply, but still this message.
    Anyone with ideas on what this is and why?

Sarge

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try creating a new mail to that address and see if it sends.

I did notice that in your error message there is a period(.) after gmail.com
    not sure if that is a typo but an extra period in the address would give an error.

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Saw what you mentioned. Sent test mail without period after gmail.com
    No error message, and looks as though it went through.
    Sarge

4. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Most likely the individual you received the original message from has his/her email account incorrectly set up, and sends out messages with an incorrect 'From:' address. So whenever you try to reply to that incorrect address, it will be returned as undeliverable.

5. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

I think that the incorrect return information or address is the cause. I removed the period after the word com, and sent an email. I have had no indication of problems. That was more than an hour ago, and in the past I have known almost right away the mai would not deliver.
    I am going to consider this problem solved and closed unless something does pop up.
    Thanks to all who submitted suggestions.
    Sarge

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds