advancement in technology

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jarcher, May 14, 2007.

1. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

through all your years of living
    what tech advancement
    just completley blows your mind?

like to a 95yo a camera cell phone. .perhaps. . .

and when did a phone stop being a phone. . ?

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Computers. I could have had this baby when I was 14. (The year is my businessrolleyes)

The PDP-8's basic configuration had a main memory of 4,096 twelve-bit words (that is, 4K words, equivalent to 6 kilobytes The PDP-8's basic configuration had a main memory of 4,096 twelve-bit words (that is, 4K), expandable to 32,768 words (32K words / 48 KB) which were controlled by the IOT instruction and additional hardware. At its inception, the PDP-8 had only eight instructions and two registers(a 12-bit accumulator, AC, and a single-bit "link register", L). The machine used magentic core memory system that operated at a cycle time of 1.5 microseconds

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds