Widcomm for Silicon Wave Bluetooth dongle?

Discussion in 'Software' started by zapp, Apr 8, 2009.

1. zapp

zapp Staff Sergeant

folks
    I have HP DC7600 with XP Pro SP3, added a Silicon Wave Bluetooth Dongle and trying to get a plantronics bluetooth headset live and working under XP. the Dongle has a default MS driver loaded right now, and my headset and dongle both show up in the Bluetooth radio devices box, they are paired and blinking... successfully I guess.
    But when I go to the Audio Control panel I have no bluetooth option. no options at all. Just the default Realtek embedded audio.

reading countless threads on this ugly subject I'm thinking a different driver set written to force the devices into the Audio mix is what I need.
    Widcomm seems to be the choice but the only widcomm I found at HP was dated September of 2005 so I don't trust it.

is there a later one I can get? other advice? this ain't my strong suit...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds