middle of app page missing /att support download

Discussion in 'Software' started by tenten, Nov 29, 2009.

1. tenten

tenten Private E-2

I am new here and need some help. I tried to download ATT Support program and on the application part of the program, it asks for name, password, state and then it needs one more choice for mail but that 1/4 of the page (out in the middle) is missing. I can go no farther until I fill in that blank that is not showing on my screen. It shows about half of the page, skips 1/4 of the page and then shows the cancel or next at the bottom. There is no scroll or minize square. The part that is skips is not blank, it is just not there.

2. LI_Geek_95

LI_Geek_95 Post-and-Run Geek

Hi.

What is your screen resolution?
    If you dont know how to find this, click here. Scroll down to screen resolution, and tell me what that says.

3. tenten

tenten Private E-2

browser dimension 769 X 348
    screen Dimension 800 X 600

4. LI_Geek_95

800x600 is very small. alot of stuff can't fit.
    2 questions. what is your computer brand and name, and which version of windows are you running?

5. tenten

tenten Private E-2

My computer was assembled by my computer tech using Pentium Intel and my system is Windows XP Home Edition. Hope this helps. I appreciate your replies.

6. LI_Geek_95

ok. do you know what brand your video card is? (and the model of that)

7. tenten

tenten Private E-2

I have my problem solved. By my grandson. We never did get the whole page to show but he used the tab key to go thru each blank that had to be filled in. When we went past the visible blanks, (we assumed that we were at the needed blank) I typed in what I thought was needed even though we could not see the blank. and the program continued to load. So that part is solved.
    My display is somewhere in here, I think. Not sure. I am not too smart on this stuff as you can probably tell.
    Radeon 9200 SE Family(Microsoft)
    Radeon 9200 SE SEC Family (Microsoft)

8. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Okay, to change your screen resolution, if you want to, right-click on the desktop, which is the screen that is displayed after you first log on, and choose "properties" from the menu. Then click on "settings" along the top of the screen, then slide the slider up until it says 1024 x 768. This should be the next place along.

If you can still see everything on the screen okay, then click "OK" in the box that asks you if you want to keep the changes you have made, then click "OK" in the display properties window (the one where you changed the slider)

Hope this helps you!:)

9. tenten

tenten Private E-2

You have been very helpful and you may see me here again. I will soon be installing a 2 Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B from AT&T Equipment and those people at AT&T leave much to be desired. Some are downright dangerous. I tried a Linksys router which did not work.
    Thank again.

10. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Chances are good that your dsl modem already has a router. To use a Linksys router with it, you need to put one of the pieces of hardware into bridge mode.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds