Wireless signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KOB0724, Mar 9, 2005.

1. KOB0724

KOB0724 Private First Class

So I've set up my wireless network (128-bit WEP encryption w00t) and i'm just getting horrible signal strength. This was happening before with an old ISP of mine where the DSL signal I was getting was very weak to start with. With my new ISP, I'm literally about 400 feet from the DSLAM. I'm still getting pretty bad reception though. I'm using a Belkin Wireless 54G router with a Belkin 54G network card. I've set everything up like they wanted me too, with the antennas and what not. The computer isn't that far away from the the wireless router. It basically has like 1 wall and then a floor to go through. That shouldn't be that bad right? My house isn't that old so its not like I have uber thick walls or floors. Still, the little system tray icon says my signal stregth is either low or very low. Any suggestions (preferable cheap ones)?

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

3. RickM

RickM Private First Class

Sorry, I have never had luck with any Belkin wireless hardware.

4. KOB0724

KOB0724 Private First Class

Now that I think about it, it might be the two large heavy metal filing cabinets I have directly next to the computer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds