Problems with onboard audio on a laptop (Turon 64 - WinXP 64-bit)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Terra (Red), Aug 11, 2006.

1. Terra (Red)

Terra (Red) Private E-2

Well I just got a Turon HP laptop, and I can't get the sound to work at all on it. Ever since putting WinXP Pro 64-bit it keeps saying something like "the microsoft system bus needs to be installed first."

I've tryied a few drivers, and what I thought was a fix for that bus problem. Any idea on what I should do here? I've checked majorgeeks, microsoft's support site, realtek's site, and the drivers at these places too. But no luck. And the bios won't let me do much of anything either.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

SP2 installed?

3. Terra (Red)

Terra (Red) Private E-2

Well all I find is the usual sp2 download. And it didn't install. I couldn't find a 64-bit version if there is one. I'm just really confused as what to do at this point.

And yes I'm runing sp1 here.

4. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

If a person goes out and buys xp pro 64, you mean to tell me that sp2 is not allready on the disc? ed

5. Terra (Red)

Terra (Red) Private E-2

Still no luck and I've tryied everything.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds