nVIDIA Detonator 43.35

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Error ?!?

Just to tell you at nvidia sites is 43.45 not 43.35 !!!

Windows 95/98/Me

Version: 43.45
    Release Date: March 27, 2003

English
    File Size: 7.2 MB

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well, thanks, I screwed up, am fixing that here in the thread on on the website.

Thanks again!

4. coolguy

coolguy Private E-2

Why are almost all downloads done from nvidia's site corrupt? I downloaded the latest drivers and guess what, they are corrupted.

5. Johner

Johner Private First Class

you meant the nvidia file corrupted while you install drivers? It happened to me sometimes. I had to keep trying again, then it installed.

6. coolguy

coolguy Private E-2

No, what I meant was the downloaded file itself was corrupt. There was no disruption while downloading still it was corrupt. The installation could not take place at all due to the corrupt file.

Moreover this is not the first time that this has happened.

Finally I re-downloaded the file from a different server (not NVidia's) and got the uncorrupted file.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2003
  7. magicwad

magicwad Private E-2

i had the same experience with getting corrupt files from nvidia...when i finally got a working file somewhere else everything seemed to work fine except that for some reason antialiasing wouldnt work....anyone else have this problem??

8. squrel

squrel Private E-2

i find that the 30.82 driver's seem to work the best for me
    my spec's: Dell Demension 8200 P4 2.26GHz with 533MHz system bus/512k L2 Cache
    768MB PC800 RDRAM
    80GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive
    128MB DDR NVIDIA GeForce4™ Ti 4600-with 30.82 driver's
    Direct X 9a
    NEC -ND- 1100A DVD+R/+RW/CD-R/CD-RW Combo drive
    WINDVD 4 (dvd playback on PC)
    record now max 4.5 (dvd/cd burning software)
    pinnacle studio 8.5.21 deluxe (video editing software)
    Harman Kardon HK-395 Speakers with Subwoofer
    Sound Blaster Live 5.1
    WinXP Home edition-withSP1
    3dmark 2nd edition score=12,258
    Lexmark X83 All in one
    Cable modem connection

9. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

I got better framefates with the (very) old 6.24/6.44 drivers, but they were very unstable. Same with the 30.XX line. The 43.XX has removed all the stability issues I've had (random rare BSoD in Win2k caused by nvdisp.dll), and has gradually improved framerate pretty close to the older drivers. Then again, maybe it is just the new DirectX extensions. :)

10. Ciz

Ciz Corporal

well, I dont really pay much attetnion to drivers, I just get the newest I can, and was unaware that they might work differently with differnt computer setups...
    Pentium 4 2.0ghz
    nVidia Geforce4 64 mb MMX
    512mb ddr ram
    bleh bleh bleh... usual fdd/cd/cdr-rw stuff...

11. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Computers are all different. You can take two machines with clean installs and identical hardware, and a given program will run fine on one and crash the other.

12. MOC

MOC Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds