Whats the max cpu i can use!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by caretr8838, Jan 26, 2009.

1. caretr8838

caretr8838 Private E-2

Hi guys i have an alienware area 51 m7700, my current configuration is intel p4 3.2 ghz 800mhz fsb 1mb cashe. im runing windows vista 32bit and vista 64bit in dual boot mode. Ive just put 4 gig of ram in and 2 x 320gb 7200 western digital hdd, i also purchased an intel core 2 quad q6600 on a socket lma 775 the go version for mobile computers. the problem is the power of the quad is within the power range of the intel p4 cpu but when i try and boot theres nothing not even the phoniex bios screen, so i was wondering is it the fsb of 1066mhz on the new core quad and if so whats the fastest socket lma 775 cpu to run on 800mhz!!!!

any help in this matter would be helpfull cheers in advance Baz

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds