Blue Screen Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mtothen, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Mtothen

Mtothen Private E-2

My Laptop Windows 2000 Professional Has A Unexpected Kernal Mode Trap problem,
    I do not know how to fix it due to because I can not get into the Laptop in anyway such as Safe mode in and mode or LNGK or VGA or any mode for that matter.:confused
    Is my Laptop screwed,
    or is there a specific Setting I could use to get on.
    Please help.:cry

Mtothen :major

2. Mtothen

Mtothen Private E-2

I got it to go to the desktop Screen !!!! YAY BUT!!! I do not know if it is fixed.
    What do I do now?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I saw one person fixed such an error by removing his current AVI drivers and going back to the previous ones.
    Have you updated your video drivers lately?

If not, this points to RAM or motherboard.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=137539

4. Mtothen

Mtothen Private E-2

I don't know when the last Video Driver was updated, this was an old school laptop they donated to my mom, and a little over half a year ago my sister broke it because she opened a picture file and it was corrupted but she didnt know any better.

Also, I can get the Laptop to work in Safe Mode, and LKGC, everytime I start it in Last known Good Configuration, I usually Install all the drivers that were tooken off by Safe mode like,
    Sound Drivers and ATI ATAPI or what not,

What also conserns me is that my Laptop shows the Blue screen of death when I coonect myself to a network Is that preventable?

Is there a way or is my computer screwed and sentenced to Computer repair man >.<

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds