HP touchsmart IQ775 WLAN Driver WIN7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Algy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Algy

Algy Private E-2

Hi, I upgraded my hp IQ775 from vista to seven. I was working with no problem with a ethernet cable, but I wanted to move the desktop pc to another location and is just too far away from my router to plug in a ethernet cable. The pc itself got a wlan card and worked perfectly with wi-fi in windows vista.

I just can't make it work on seven for some reason.

I've been looking madly for a driver that works with no success.
    I tried to install the official from hp and it just said that "My computer doesn't have the requirements ton install the update" or something alike..
    I ran Everest and found that is a zydas WLAN 2.0 0ACE b215

Got any idea of what could I do?

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Can you go into device manager, right click the wireless device and select properties. Under the details tab, click the drop down box and select hardware ID's. What is listed?

[​IMG]

3. Algy

Algy Private E-2

Hi, it's USB\Vid_0ace&PID_b215&rev_4810
    I wonder what's wrong, it looks like it's a usb wireless adapter, but I neither have one nor have installed one ever on my pc

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. tgell

The only thing I could find was that it might have an Atheros chip. Zydas was actually aquired by Atheros. I have found Zydas drivers but only for XP and Vista. Can you go to Windows update and look under optional updates? There may be a driver listed there.

5. Algy

Algy Private E-2

Mmm no, there're just a bunch of language package but nothing concerned to drivers.

6. tgell

I do not think you are going to have much luck. But you can try this link. It has the Zydas drivers. Spelled Zidas on the site. You can try the latest Vista drivers and see if that works. It would be version 2.0.0.127. Bottom of the page.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds