Issues with saving/downloading files into temp folder (Vista Home Premium)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Action_Al, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Action_Al

Action_Al Private E-2

Hi,

I was hoping someone could give me hand. I've not been able to download any files onto my pc (using BitTorrent or Win.Rar). Everytime I try it comes up with the error message "Unable to find the specified file". I've tried pressing "Save" rather than "Open" and it seems to save but then I can't find the file anywhere. I've emptied my Temp folder but this hasn't helped. I had this problem when I 1st got the pc (in 2008) but I have no idea how I sorted it out. I've run spyware and virus checks using Norton and Spybot and both are showing up clean.

This is staring to do my head in, I've tried downloading some Temp File Cleaning software but my pc won't allow me save or open any of the them!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Al

2. Action_Al

Action_Al Private E-2

H Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply mate, much appreciated. I've tried that and it didn't work. I changed to ask every time, chose to save to the desktop and Hey Presto it's not there! It must be saving somewhere!

Cheers,

Al

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds