Looking for Realtek ALC 883 driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by N5638J, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N5638J

N5638J Guest

i formated a pc and loaded everything but i cant find its driver is there anyone that can help me find it? its on-board sound on a brand new Compaq computer the sound info is as follows
    Integrated High Definition audio
    • Realtek ALC 883 chipset
    • Supports up to 8 audio channels
    • Dolby Pro Logic II compatible

2. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Better yet. lets see if anyone can find the Drivers for a motherboard. (same computer)

Asus A8N-LA Rev 2.0 its a OEM board

i looked on Asus website and found nothing can fond nothing on Compaq's or HP's site heres the spec's for the board
    quote HP's site

3. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Please post the complete model no. of your pc. ed

4. N5638J

N5638J Guest

Its a Compaq Presario Media Center SR1923WM Desktop PC. i been looking for the driver for awhile now she just got this computer on the first of August.
    I have never had this much truble finding a driver.

5. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

6. N5638J

N5638J Guest

that link dont work for me because i dont have a gateway model number to put in so it takes me to a search page. whats your computer model? that way i can find your computer and get to the driver thin.

7. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

8. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Thanks TimW, Did that driver fix your issues?

9. N5638J

N5638J Guest

when i try and download from that link tim i get a no such file error

10. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

11. N5638J

N5638J Guest

driver did not work. so i just said forget it and put in a cheap sound card

12. tunered

tunered MajorGeek

Well at least you have sound now, sorry we couldnt help. ed

13. djfour

djfour Private E-2

did you ever find the drivers? i need the network card drivers for this board... fookin compaq and their drivernazi support team "NO DRIVER FOR YOU"

presorrry-oh sr1923wm
    asus motherboard a8n-la
    nic is a realtek rtl8201cl

realtek says the nic needs no drivers but xp doesn't recognize it

:(

14. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

I have all the drivers and including the HDD driver as well if anyone want it let me know I will have to upload to some server because the complete drivers are about 155 megs

15. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

I have all the drivers for this board and including the HDD driver.
    If anyone has a server I can upload to please let me know I have setup up winxp pro service pack 2 on this board using these drivers I have and they are from HP about 155 megs in size and in apporate folders labeling each driver.

16. mulletgut

mulletgut Private First Class

17. djfour

djfour Private E-2

I'm not sure if those are the drivers i need, but i will save them to a disk and try to install them on this computer (Walmart Complaque Pre-Sorry-Oh SR1923WM). My main issue with the motherboard (asus A8N-LA) is that XP does not recognize the onboard NIC (realtek rlt8201cl).

I bought this computer and it came preinstalled with windows xp media center edition, which, of course, has a bunch of nonsense all tangled up on it. Instead of supplying a restore/driver disk with the computer, HPAQ (compaq/hp) used a restore partition, which, of course, I deleted when I formatted and installed XPPro. When XP did not recognize most everything, including the chipset :0, I went to the HPAQ website and was spun around in circles until i got dizzy and passed out. When i woke up, I still didn't have the drivers for anything. I did however, find a receipt for a restore disk I must have bought while disoriented (funny, they didn't charge me for the disk at all, just for the shipping - maybe they get a kickback from USPS - makes you wonder) and the disk should arrive today (praying). Sorry to be so long winded, but HPAQ has left me in the dark and i'm just crying out for help because i'm lost.

P.S. Has anyone seen my MACBOOK Pro? I thought I had bought one, but maybe that was just a dream during my dizzy spells....

Cheers.

--- You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't wipe your friends under the table. --

18. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

I have all of the drivers for that exact board.
    the recovery cd's there are 15 of them or 2 dvd's
    I have the exact board and mine came with xp Pro.
    Let me know if you need just the audio driver.

:eek:

19. cd_lite

cd_lite Private E-2

zxhwk, I could really use those drivers for the A8N-LA. Has anyone setup a server or found one for you to upload to?

20. cd_lite

cd_lite Private E-2

Could you use something like esnips.com to upload them to?
    Just a thought :)

21. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

where do you live maybe I can put them on a cd for you and send it to you if you like.

22. mindmage

mindmage Private E-2

I would greatly appreciate it if you could hook me up with those drivers. email me at <snipped email addys> and we'll figure out a way to transfer it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  23. yavimayaassassin

yavimayaassassin Private E-2

I am in dire need of those drivers as well, any help would be awesome! Please send any info to <snipped email addy> thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2006
  24. bigbadbubba

bigbadbubba Private E-2

zxhwk

Can you upload all of the drivers so I can download them?

Thanks

25. bigbadbubba

bigbadbubba Private E-2

Actually all I need is the NIC driver

Thanks

26. yavimayaassassin

yavimayaassassin Private E-2

I really am in the same boat, I need the network card driver, and the photo memory card drivers

27. crown

crown Private E-2

how it going i have been looking gor my driver to my computer for several months, can you help me, you can reach me www.connected760@yahoo.com. thanx!!

28. rynugz007

rynugz007 Private E-2

I'm also looking for the realtek rtl8201cl NIC driver. Does anyone have it? Could you email it to me? Im desperate. Thanks

rynugz

29. DAF

DAF Private E-2

High Definition Audio Codecs

"http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#High%20Definition%20Audio%20Codecs"

30. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

As I have stated before I have all of the drivers for this motherboard and no one has setup a server for me to upload to.

31. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi, while a great offer from yourself, many users do not have servers of their own, so if your willing this is a good place to host them if they are sub 100mb in size http://rapidshare.com/

32. zxhwk

zxhwk Private E-2

I dont think so they charge people for info and limit the amount od downloadable files for the normal used I am not in favor of charging for files or drivers people need. they suck
    This rapid share garbage is a joke because they end up charging people for the info and I think info and knowledge should be free and that is where I stand and wont move

33. OClockd

OClockd Private E-2

can you please send me the drivers for hp a1520n. Thanks

my email is ( removed to stop email harvesters spamming you )

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2006
  34. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

35. OClockd

OClockd Private E-2

36. Saboter

Saboter Private E-2

I can host these files, email me at saboter@gmail.com to contact me.

A8N-VL Audio Drivers:
    Download and install the High-Definition drivers from Realtek's website.

I think the fact that they are HD drivers and not regular drivers is what makes it so hard to find the drivers :). They've been there all along, we just didn't look for the right ones ^.^

37. tsunamiftw

tsunamiftw Private E-2

Hi I am also in the I need of the network card driver, and the photo memory card drivers please someone post them here thanks

38. Saboter

Saboter Private E-2

39. entrex98

entrex98 Private E-2

I spent an hour looking for the XP drivers for Realtek RTL8201CL. Thank you VERY much!!

Why dosn't compaq just put these drivers on the site?!

40. Saboter

Saboter Private E-2

I don't believe they care much about people who buy from them but don't have their computers repaired by them ;)

41. fdmcall

fdmcall Private E-2

hey there, i could really use the drivers for this board the A8N-LA board. thank you

42. Saboter

Saboter Private E-2

43. RU$$ELL

RU$$ELL Private E-2

Hello zxhwk!

I'm so glad that you have all drivers for the motherboard ASUS A8N-LA HP Nagami2-GL8E.

Also, I just wanna clarify if these drivers compatible with Win'2003 Server and Win'XP 64-bit. Do they?

Besides, which exact method are you going to use to upload these files?
    Thanks a lot!

44. Saboter

Saboter Private E-2

I only have experience using these drivers on Vista (Beta2/Released Ultimate), XP, and XP 64bit. I'm currently running x64 XP pro and have had no problems whatsoever so far :)

45. keyespj

keyespj Private E-2

I found that HP has the drivers for HP Pavilion Media Center a1510n Desktop PC, which uses this mother board. Hope that helps all of you that have been looking for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds