How do I open this webcam driver?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaryLovesMJ, Jul 21, 2004.

1. MaryLovesMJ

MaryLovesMJ Private E-2

Hey all..... I have a D-Link DSB C100 Clear webcam, and my cd drive isn't working, so I downloaded the driver off the internet.
    I unzipped the driver files to my computer, and I found them.. When I click on any of them, I get prompted by Windows to tell which program created it, and it gives me a list of my computer programs to choose from. I click on Explorer (is this right?), and when I do that, it doesn't open anything.
    I restarted my computer with the camera plugged in, all to no avail. The camera didn't turn on, but it did tell me that it found a new USB device. I clicked on that, and then it told me that I didn't have the correct software for it.
    I have used this webcam before, but I can't remember what it was like installing it. Recently I got a virus and had to reinstall windows XP completely from scratch, so I lost the webcam program. Anyhow, usually when it loads correctly, I will see the "D-Link" option in my start/programs menu. I keep rebooting, thinking it will show up, but it doesn't.
    *hmmph*

It looks like the driver is there, but I don't know how to make it run. Any ideas?

--Mary

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

in the folder where the drivers are, look for a file that says SETUP.EXE or SETUP.MSI or INSTALL.EXE ..something along those lines. Double click that and it should install the drivers properly. :)

3. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Also if theres no EXE file available, look for an INF file right click and select install ;)

4. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

There should also be a text file called READMEVW which extracts with the rest of the driver files that contains installation and usage information.

5. glennk721

glennk721 MajorGeek

OK you have to reinstall the WINDOWs drivers for it,,,remove all,,re DL the driver file ,save to desktop-turn system off,,plug cam in --windows will see new plug and play componant, on next boot,and install the windows drivers,, ,PT2 ---Create a new folder on your desktop--- unzip driver file to the folder you create on your desktop,,,then run cam drivers from folder on desktop,,,,should be EXE in new folder , Hope this is helpfull, Glenn

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds