Most stable GC driver?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Amandalynn, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Amandalynn

Amandalynn Private First Class

I just got me a new rig and I am wondering if any one knows the most stable driver for the Nvidia 7900GT

Thanks much

Amanda

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Amanda

The 81.98 drivers are pretty stable and quick for most games.

or the latest 91.33 betas get some good reports of quick FPSs but the new menu may take a bit of geting used to as some like it some dont... best to try and make your own mind up.

91.33 beta
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/NVIDIA_Forceware_32_Bit_2K-XP_d3294.html

3. Amandalynn

thanks much for the info.. more or less its all about trying things out ^_^ i have got to figure out what is up with my settings though as i can no longer complete a full 3dMark test >.<

4. DavidGP

Some users have found that disabling AA, Anistropic Filtering especially if 3DMark is freezing on the Canyon or Freeze tests, helps to complete all the tests.

5. Amandalynn

I have AA shut off as far as filtering i have it set to optimal... this is what it is at when it crashes.. I wish it did a partial log if it doesn't complete so i can figure out what exactly is triggering the crash

6. Amandalynn

ok this is what happens in the benchmark test. one of two things occurs, the screen starts flickering and i blink my way to a resart of it causes a force restart...

Where? Graphics test 4 Deep freeze about 1300 frames in, where a building or something loads... lol perhaps i should move this to a different thread since now its a problem and not a question...

7. DavidGP

Which driver version you using?

Your not overclocking are you?

you could start a new thread if you wish on the new question but add the relevent hardware info to that thread too and maybe also link to this one for some backgroud info? or we could edit the title to cover both issues.. at least this way all the info is in this thread? upto you.

8. Amandalynn

mg *grin* sorry thought I had stated that... any way 83.91 driver version >.<

My SM2.0 Score was 2268 and CPU was 918 and the HDR is N/A and thats cutting that Deep Freeze part of the test out.

Basic System info

AMD Athlon 64b 3500+
    2.21 GHz, 2 GB of ram

umm need anything else?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds