Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not currently registered ...

Discussion in 'Software' started by buckwon, May 18, 2008.

1. buckwon

buckwon Private E-2

Hi All
    Hope that someone out there can help,i have software that will not open because i keep getting this message ( Component MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not currently registered ...)
    I am using Vista home, but cannot find C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory
    to see if OCX is in there.
    I have downloaded the file off the Major but have no/can`t find, Run box to input this:
    ( Once it is there click START--> RUN and type "REGSVR32 MSCOMCTL.OCX" (No quotes) in the box. )

Thanks for any help :eek:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Vista while the run box can be added it doesnt always need it as many commands can be issued via the start search box, however this one of yours is best doing from an elevated command prompt, so click Start > type cmd in the Start Search box and when it appears in the search list right click it and choose "run as administrator" then paste in your command and hit enter.

If that fails to remove this issue, then download the latest common controls http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...98-51D0-41C1-BB14-64662F5F62FE&displaylang=en and run the file as admin, again right click the file and choose "run as administrator" need to run this way or they will not get registered correctly.

3. buckwon

buckwon Private E-2

Thanks Halo
    Tried your suggestions, but not done the job, looks like i will have to reboot to get the factory settings ? unless there are some other ideas ?
    Thank you

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds