mcp61pm-hm xp drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by kancunkid, Aug 19, 2009.

1. kancunkid

kancunkid Private E-2

I have an emachine with an MCP61PM-HM mother board with vista home installed on the c: drive. I want to install another hard drive with windows XP Pro on it and be able to boot from either OS. I know that I will have to install XP drivers to make the XP disk work and my question is that if I install the XP drivers will I still be able to switch boot order and boot from the Vista disk or will it overwrite all the Vista drivers and make that disk unbootable? Any help is appreciated.

2. ~Q~

~Q~ Command Sergeant Major

Typically it is always easier to install windows in the order they where released BUT...
    As long as you have any needed drivers, just download EASY BCD [remember to save it somewhere you can find it, or put it on a disc/usb]
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/EasyBCD.shtml

Then do your xp install >> run easy-bcd to fix the bootloader, it is simple to use and has never failed me yet :)

If you need any more help with it just post.

Q

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds