Windows 7 help needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Ok I have never really done this much.

But the thing I want to do is make a administrator account for my self only.

But the idea I have is this is not my laptop.

I would like to make a administrator account and only have my account affected to any changes I make to play games.

This is my moms laptop.

I do not want to mess with any of her settings she has.

Just my own.

I am computer savvy so use all the techno babble you want on me.

By the way I do know how make a admin account.But the idea here is to restrict one from the other if you get my meaning.I have plenty of space 500GB hard drive to do what ever till I move into my own place soon.

2. theefool

theefool Geekified

From command line possibly with admin privileges:

net user username password /add
    net localgroup administrators username /add

I would go powershell, but I'll stop here. Powershell does make things easier in an AD environment, but not with local accounts, as seen here: http://www.petri.com/create-local-accounts-with-powershell.htm

And you did say techno babble. :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds