No power after reseating RAM on Acer laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by roadrnr, Jul 12, 2007.

1. roadrnr

roadrnr Private E-2

My son said he had been having trouble w/ his laptop lately--wouldn't even boot to safe mode. I took a look at it tonight and got a win32k.sys error message. I downloaded a memtest and saved it to a CD on my computer, then rebooted the laptop using it. It failed every test. I tried rebooting it again and got a fatal error (which I didn't think to write down)

Everything I was reading indicated I should reseat the RAM, so I removed the power cord and the battery. I swapped the 2 sticks of RAM which it came w/ from the factory. When I finished I put it all back together and tried to reboot. When I hit the power button nothing happened--it didn't turn green (which it usually does) didn't turn red...NOTHING. On the front of the laptop the battery light flashed yellow, but that's all.

So I took it all apart again and flip-flopped the RAM sticks to where they were originally. Nothing changed.

Any ideas as to how to proceed?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. roadrnr

roadrnr Private E-2

Never mind...I fixed it already.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds