Download a website

Discussion in 'Software' started by Genius Boy, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

Does anyone know of a good program to use to download the contents of a website? Preferentially it would be preserve the links as well so that they would all correctly link to the file on my HDD instead of trying to find a non-existant directory or access a website.

I know that stealing people's source and such can be seen as illegal, so I'll see if I can clear the waters in that regard. The website here has a rather good index of chord charts for Christian worship songs. Sites like this are hard to find because they often get shut down. Churches and Pastors tend to take down songs as soon as the record company asks them to as opposed to trying to find loopholes and fighting the requests of the label. So I want to back up the chord charts on this site to my computer so that if it does get shut down, I'll still have them.

2. billH

billH Master Sergeant

Hey GeniusBoy. Try this mass down loader it says in the blurb that it will download a whole website.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds