Problems With Firefox Add On - Prospector-Less Chrome HD For Firefox.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Novice22, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Novice22

Novice22 Private First Class

Installed the above add on which was to hide the address bar and give more screen space.
    It did not require restart.
    I didn't like it and decided to remove it.
    The only thing I could see in add ons was Real Networks Chrome Background Extension Plug In.
    I disabled this , but the address bar is still hidden, and the toolbars are still messed around.
    There is nothing else in the add on list with the word "Chrome" in the title.
    I would like to get my toolbars back to the order they were in, and to stop the screen shortening.
    Would appreciate any help.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

You can right click the Title bar in Firefox and select which toolbars you want to show. There's even a Customize option (see att'd).

Attached Files:

3. Novice22

Thanks mdonah.
    Yes, I realise that, but this link probably explains what happens better:

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/12/windows/internet/hide-firefox-address-bar.html

Not only are toolbars changed around but the available space keeps changing.
    All toolbars can only be shown by hovering cursor over tabs.
    It is a nuisance of a thing.
    Thought it would be good to have the extra screen space but that keeps changing.
    Definitely prefer old style and just want to get rid of this add on.

4. Novice22

Have managed to remove this programme.
    There is nothing wrong with it, it just didn't suit me.
    Was unable to remove it yesterday but no problem today.
    Many thanks to mdonah for taking the trouble to help out.

5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

I read the reviews at the site you linked me to. I'm glad you removed it. If you're using something with a small screen, like a netbook, see if there is an alternative way to deal with the address bar in Firefox.

6. Novice22

Many thanks mdonah.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds