Wireless connection issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GoFlames, May 2, 2004.

1. GoFlames

GoFlames Private E-2

Hi, we recently got our wireless network up and running. I use it on my notebook. Now for some reason, almost every 10 minutes or so, it drops the connection, The little bubble in the corner of the screen says "New Wireless connection found" I click the bubble, I see my network and I click "Connect" and it works for another 10 minutes or so, and the whole process repeats itself....

Anyone have similar problems?? Is there a reason it does this?? It's a major pain in the ass because it basically gives me no chance to download large files.

btw, I have a Linksys Wireless G and a Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook.

2. GoFlames

GoFlames Private E-2

No 2.4 ghz phones in the place, microwave far away. Signal strength when it works is around 54mbps.

also I just rebooted the router, created a new connection and it's been running solid for the past hour since I did so.

here's hoping it continues to work *fingers crossed*

3. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I'm guessing it has something to do with the software if your computer calls it a new network...

Last edited: May 2, 2004
  4. SilverB

SilverB Private E-2

If your Wireless nic comes with its own software id use that and disable windows' own management service.

I had same prob of intermittent connection until i disabled this service.

Goto:

Start/Run

Type Services.msc
    Find: Wireless Zero Configuration
    Right Click , Properties and Select Startup Type as Disabled

You may have to restart for changes to take effect.[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds