Dual-boot: ACER Turion 64-Windows/Linux

Discussion in 'Software' started by penguin88, Feb 11, 2006.

1. penguin88

penguin88 Private E-2

Howdy everybody!

I'm attempting to Dual-Boot a laptop (Acer Aspire 5002 AMD Turion 64) with MS-Windows 2003 Server and Linux Red Hat version 9 server. It has 512MB of RAM, 1.8 GB AMD64, 100GB disk drive, CD-ROM, USB, but no floppy.

I installed the Windows 2003 first, formatting the entire drive, creating 3 partitions (2 for Windows and 1 for Linux), allowing for a 35 GB partition for Red Hat. The partitions are all in FAT32 and am able to successfully install Red Hat on the given partition. I allow Red Hat to auto-partition within only the 35 GB section. I've also modified the 'boot.ini' file in 2003 to ask which OS to boot to, with Windows as the default.

Everything appears to install and configure correctly, however, I'm unable to boot to the Linux OS (Windows boots fine).

Is there something with this notebook that I'm unaware; something that I should be doing or something it is incapable of doing?

HELP! :confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds