Weird - Laptop connects to wired LAN but can't get through Firewall!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wilf1234, Apr 2, 2006.

1. wilf1234

wilf1234 Private E-2

hi
    i have a wired LAN which works fine. 2 Win XP Home PC's in my office conect to the internet through a broadband connection on a Win XP Home PC in the house. (this PC runs MS XP Firewall)

The problem is that when i connect my Laptop, it cannot open web pages/connetc to the web. the weird thing is it opens Google and will open google queries, but will not open any other pages!!!

it used to work fine and i don't believe i've changed any settings on the LAN or with any of the Desktop's.

The Laptop will open web pages if i shut down the Firewall on the 'broadband' PC, but none of my Office Desktops need this to be done (and yet they run the same software with the same settings!!!!)

weird

anyone got any ideas

cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds