Asus screen now has black border since update

Discussion in 'Software' started by wortgames, Sep 20, 2012.

1. wortgames

wortgames Private E-2

Hi all, I'm running Windows 7 with an ATI Radeon HD 5570 adapter via HDMI to an Asus MS276 LCD screen at a resolution of 1920x1080.

In the last few days I have had access to a decent internet connection and so I have run about 12 months worth of critical and optional updates through WU. I'm pretty sure that one of these updates was Asus-specific.

Since running the updates, my desktop has "shrunk" and I have about an inch of black border all round the screen.

I have tried resetting the monitor but that hasn't worked, and there are very few controls to adjust (no H and V size). I have tried changing my desktop resolution, some low-res settings (eg 1600x1200) will fill the screen, but anything larger brings back the border.

Any ideas what steps I should take next?

2. wortgames

wortgames Private E-2

OK, I've found a/the solution. I completely uninstalled the 'Catalyst' control software, then went to the AMD website and downloaded the AMD driver auto-detect, which installed a new version of Catalyst to suit my version of Windows and my display adapter.

In the new Catalyst software there is a control called "scaling options" (under "my digital flat panels") that acts like a zoom control. Zooming to '0%' fills the screen.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds