Yep, No audio device.

Discussion in 'Software' started by lochyslater, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lochyslater

lochyslater Private E-2

ok this is kinda complicated i guess, just take the time out to listen pls.

where to start :S, When I go to Sounds and Audio devices in control panel the thing says no audio device, its actually all greyed out, but in my computer it says i have 2 things as audio stuff.. (Standard Game Port and Unimodem Half duplex audio device). My freind says he has them too.. so i dont know whats happened there. my speakers are wired up correctly and WERE working untill my stupid mother did something, which she cannot recall doing :S, in the system folders or something... I just cant seem to get these things working.

throw me questions and ill answer most things ive treid except for putting windows xp disc in i cant find it lol and thats probably what i need to do.

i need help, and dont want to pay some idiot to fix it when i can do it myself with a bit of help from you hopefully smile.gif

thx

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you give us some idea as to what your hardware is in the PC, this can be either the Make and Model of the PC in the case of a Dell, HP, Compaq etc or the Make and Model of the motherboard?

What is possible is you need to install the chipset drivers for the motherboard and then the audio drivers.

3. lochyslater

lochyslater Private E-2

ok, well i found out that is it infact the SiS7012 driver that i need and have on my computer at the moment..

BUT, it wont install.. goes through the install setup fine, but then when its actually going to install it on the comp it goes instantly through it, the program goes, after that there is absolutly no sign of it installed..

a freind a while ago told me to get a driver called soundMAX which SEEMED to work, but no sound STILL.. i cant get rid of soundMAX now.. everytime i uninstall soundmax from the control panel>sound and audio devices>hardware tab..

it comes back every single time..

4. DavidGP

Hi

Check in Add/Remove that SoundMax isnt listed, if it is uninstall it from their.

Also to check all the drivers for your SiS motherboard, use this http://www.sis.com/support/support_prodid.htm

It may also be worth once you uninstalled the SoundMax driver to run CCleaner to clean out any temp folders that can hold driver and software install files.

5. DavidGP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds