New fishing pole!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lev, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hehe..if master-s posts about his house, I figured you guys would want to know about my new salmon/steelhead fishing pole I bought last night :p It's awesome.....Ugly Stik.....I'm happy :D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

OK wheres the pictures?

[​IMG]

but seriously cool stuff on the new pole LEV :)

3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

LOL...the batteries for my digicam are charging as we speak.Watch this space :)

4. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Picture picture picture i like to go fish alot, i will have a new electrique motor next spring a 55 pound i have a 25 pound right now so this will be fun :) :) :)

5. master-s

master-s Private E-2

All you guys are so silly...but you know what I like it!

6. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

halo, how did you do that?

7. DavidGP

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr do what, honest it wasnt me I was no where in the area at the time officer :)

8. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Halo......................I think she means "the smilies" ????????????????

:p :p

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hehe..it's Friday, so it's my day to go a little nutz.

Yeah...I hear you....it's only Thursday...but I have the day off work tomorrow, so it's Friday for me, so I get to go a little crazy, Mr Fawlty (in Manuelle accent) :p

10. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

yes i did :)

11. DavidGP

Sorry For The Hijack Lev!

ooooh sorry, had weird thought I'd done something naughty! :)

Well the animated gif is one I have saved on my PC like many others, just thought it apt at the time, but what I did to include it in the post was, goto http://www.imageshack.us/ picture host and upload the gif ( or any picture would do ) once uploaded it gives you a stack of links to use, I just copy the Hotlink for forums (1) url and past it into your post, somethin like this....

Goto website and upload picture

copy the supplied link
    because I like neat and tidy ( naughty I know ) but remove the bold bits from the link above click preview, to see what your post will look like, if ok Click Submit and you will end up with pic like this

[​IMG]

Hopes this helps

12. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Re: Sorry For The Hijack Lev!

OK...I am going to have to report you Halo.

Firstly you hijack my thread, and secondly you post a picture of the Mona Lisa in MY thread knowing full well my name is Lisa.

So hear I am...moaning....someone ban Halo!!!! In fact...Halo....ban yourself!!! :p ;) :)

Anybody else want to hijack this thread...please feel free....helpful hints and tips provided by Halo so go ahead and PM him :p

13. DavidGP

Re: Sorry For The Hijack Lev!

ROLMAO :)

It took me 5mins to hunt that pic down on my PC, thought it was apt ;)

plus I was just filling in the time while your camera charges :p :D

14. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Re: Someone ban Halo+

LOL...you have a lot more time to fill in. The camera is at home charging....I am at work.

15. DavidGP

Breaking NEWS: Halo's banned from Lev's threads

ah crapola, mmmmmmm......... hey "Get back to work" ;)

16. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Re: Breaking NEWS: Halo's banned from Lev's threads

Yes Guv :p ...so much for a lunchbreak...you're a tough boss!

17. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

I`ve two Ugly Stik`s...one I bought in 1982...the other 4 years ago. I consider myself extremely lucky. While salmon and steelhead are available close by I will not let myself get caught up in the craze. I consider a three pound smallmouth bass more worthy than a thirty pound salmon or thirteen pound steelie. Having caught all of the above I consider the bass WAY stronger pound for pound....and they smell better, too. I will not begrudge anyone thier choice, just voicing my opinion.

18. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Sasquatch77

Yep smallmouth bass are the best i catch a 17 inches this summer my new personnel best records.....

19. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

tsk tsk tsk Not acceptable for a geekette wannabe like yourself.

Plenty of Google Images available....

:rolleyes:

20. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

LOL...actaully, I'm a midget wannabee....just look at my title ;)

21. DavidGP

Πού είναι οι εικόνες, οι μπαταρίες πρέπει να είναι δαπάνη ήδη? ;)

22. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

Ugly stick great, but what kind of line…….spiderwire should work real well, it’s more money, but you just spent a little more, for the ugly stick……….spiderwire is stronger, and lighter….plus more color’s……….wobbles

23. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

if your spending the money for the pole, might aswell spend on the line, which will last longer too.......wobbles

24. Sasquatch77

Sasquatch77 MajorGeek

I generally use Berkely Trilene XT in 8 lb. test. It`s strong enough when paired with a good reel for smallies but not so heavy it can`t be used for smaller species as well.

25. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Didn't catch any salmon this time, but the guy next to me from California caught a neat 14lb one. Darn foreigners :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds