Webcam with built-in mic -> mic problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Searinox, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Searinox

Searinox Private First Class

I have a Mustek Wcam 300 A and am running Vista. Back on XP both the cam and mic worked fine. On Vista however, every now and again the mic will randomly produce very loud static noise, for random intervals of time.

The problem occurs on any USB port I might plug it into, and regardless of wether or not the webcam drivers are installed. The webcam's drivers only provide the video feedback, the mic function is provided by Windows' "USB audio device" drivers, which were just fine back on XP.

I have tried to tweak the sound options, no success in removing the noise. Can anybody help me with this? I was thinking of looking for some 3rd party USB audio drivers but I can't find any.

EDIT: And btw NO I do not have any intention of reverting to XP to fix the problem. =\

2. Searinox

Searinox Private First Class

Nevermind, I bought a sepparate mic and made use of that. XD

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds