How to repair a corrupted iso torrent file

Discussion in 'Software' started by pimpshady001, May 11, 2010.

1. pimpshady001

pimpshady001 Private E-2

Recently i just download a torrent iso file which is corrupted. Is there any tool that can repair such corrupted file.

2. pctechexpert007

pctechexpert007 Private E-2

hii...

it will take a lot of time to download the ISO image again. But fortunately there is a way out. All you have to do is turn to torrent clients, for instance, BitTorrent or uTorrent.

While downloading any file, which is especially important for large files (for example, the iso images of DVDs),the torrent client automatically checks the checksums of files and if some part is downloaded incorrectly, it automatically downloads it again.

So it is enough for you just to take the torrent file of your image and load it to the torrent client specifying that you have an incompletely downloaded file. After that the torrent client will check your file, find the place where there was a failure and download the valid part.

hope it will help you...

3. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Majorgeeks.com do not help users engage in illegal activities such as the downloading of illegal software. Therefore I am going to assume that you are downloading some content from a legal source. I would recommend you either download it again and see if it corrupts again, or download it from another legal source.

4. General T

General T Private E-2

There is programs such as RAR repair tool and others... anyway since you can open ISO images as RAR files you should try repairing the ISO file as a RAR file and then when you have all files repaired turn the files to ISO with a image maker or something ;P
    There is a 40%-60% chance of this working so yeah better try this thAn downloading the entire ISO again..

5. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

As I have said before, many bad things get downloaded onto your machine along with most torrents.
    I bet more than 1/2 of the people that visit the Malware forum for help are torrenters.

6. Break_Da

Break_Da Sergeant

i never understood how to use the software, bittorrnet? I installed but then don't have the stuff to connect to servers or other p2p networks... guess i should research it, anyone clue me in?

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Download UTorrent. Find a torrent, select open on download and it does it all for you. Torrents allow a few to thousands to share the same file and download it in multiple pieces from all these people. It also allows you to share what you have downloaded. So its like anonymous file sharing.

Be careful out there, I have used it many times for legit purposes but malware is waiting for you if your going to download illegal moview, music, software, etc. All those people on our malware forum needing help are there for a reason.

8. AladdiNLOL

AladdiNLOL Private E-2

Thank you verry much sir you made my day :cool:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds