program on networks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nickson2, May 13, 2004.

1. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

Can anyone tell me how to share my programs from one pc to another on a home network?

2. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

think ive tried that, but will give it another go :)

3. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

right, i went to my Microsoft off program and clicked share. i can now access the folder no my network places. when i double click microsoft office in my network places i get the attached view (well i would have attached it if i new how to). where do i go from here? i know it seems a thick question but i honestly cant figure it out...i want to be able to use publisher on my second pc.

4. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

Well i think ive attached the picture, lets hope someone can help

Attached Files:

5. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

ok, maybe im thick, I NEED A LITTLE HELP

6. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You want to launch , say word or excel from PC1 but PC2 is the actual PC that has office installed?

or am I missing something. What is your desired outcome?

7. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

YIPPEEEEEE Correct. PC1 has office, and publisher, PC2 only has office, but i need publisher on PC2.

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You can't. You need to have the application installed separately on each machine. The installation records registry entries and required information to file locations for the application to run.

9. nickson2

nickson2 Master Sergeant

GREAT NOT!.... i aint got the cd anymore :'(

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Sorry mate, cant be done I'm afraid. even if you were to run the executable from another machine, it would need to be installed there as Kodo says due to the registry entries.

11. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds