Cheap Shotgun Birdshot

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fred_G, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Woots, I am going to the great state of Texas in a couple of weeks to shoot at the bird of peace. Can't wait, great gentlemen to shoot and hang out with. So, I got to looking for ammo, as I have not dove hunted in 20 years.... :-D

I figure I might hit about 20%. So, I need some shells. Academy Sports has Winchester 12 ga #8 for $4.99 for a box of 25.

Seems to be a good price to me, and if you have a shotgun, this might be good range food for the gun.

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_28419_-1

For home defense, Federal has released the Flite Control #1 buckshot... I have only found it for sale to law enforcement only. But some folks are finding it. Good stuff.

This dude tested it: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot56.htm

Did I mention I love guns?

;)

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

You don't say? I never would have thought, it's not like you talk about it or anything. :p:-D

Have fun! Even though I can't approve of you shooting doves. Now if you said you were going to shoot pigeons, I wouldn't mind at all. :-D

3. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

[​IMG] .:major :)

4. jimi

jimi Private E-2

err.... same family, different species

From the World Book Dictionary,

pigeon: any one of a group of birds with a plump body, short tail and short legs...There are numerous species, making up a family of birds. The smaller kinds are usually called doves.

dove: a bird with a thick body, short legs, and a beak enlarged at the tip. It is a small kind of pigeon that is not domesticated.

just because you've never been crapped on by dove doesn't make them any less tasty:yumrolleyes

5. dyamond

I don't want to taste either :-D

See, White doves are pretty and symbols of love & peace, where as pigeons are nasty and disease infested creatures. I never heard a dove being called a disgusting creature or a flying rat like I have about pigeons! lol

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

7. dyamond

Oh ok, well since they aren't cute, I don't mind anymore. Shoot away LOL

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Whew, thanks, I was getting ready to see about canceling my plans. :-D:-D

9. dyamond

Sure, no problem, you can shoot ugly creatures anytime! just don't let me find out there were pretty doves there... :boxing :-D

10. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Okay, therefore he can shoot about 80% of humanity, (including me...LOL)...Sounds like a plan!...;)

11. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

No bird is ugly, after it's been batter dipped and deep fried.

12. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

13. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

@Rikky... I bet Fred already has a modded fully automatic version of that salt gun just to use for his fries :-D

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

No, fully auto guns are too expensive. I have found basic sanitation takes care of most of the flies. ;):-D

15. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Meh. It's only $4k + $200 for a Saiga-12. Of course you have to explain the need for one, but after that it's full-auto all the way.

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Let me clarify, the ammo would be expensive, if I were shooting full auto. :-D

17. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

18. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I like that Russian dude. Those would be a lot of fun, but geez, the cost of the ammo....

Have nice day. :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds