Your system may have been infrected

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by martindr, May 13, 2008.

1. martindr

martindr Private E-2

I have some type of infection. When you boot up it shows up as a warning message as part of the desktop background. You also get constant popups. I have ran several utilities in both regular mode and safe mode and find lots of viruses. Spybot also finds some that start with windows.xxxxxx, They say they cleaned them up but they always (all of them) show back up again on next run of the programs. Also task manager has been disabled and originally regedit was was it was disable by administrator. I can now get into regedit, but when i have followed some of the procedures to enable task manager (changing a value back to 0), it says it has done it,but when you go back to look at the value again it is also back to a 1, like regedit is not really changing any values. I have tried several of the programs out there that supposed to reset the values for task manager and regedit, but it does not actually get changed even when it says it was successful. I believe this is why spybot is not really cleaning out the viruses when it actually said it did.

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi martindr and Welcome to MGs,:major
    You need to go to the Malware forum and do all the steps in the following link -
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Once done, post in the forum and attach the appropriate logs as called for.
    The Malware crew is top notch in cleaning up malware problems but they are busy so please be patient and someone will get to you as soon as they can.

Good Luck

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. martindr

martindr Private E-2

Problems seemed to have disappeared after running combfix. All I can do this morning, will attach logs later from running superantispyware, malwarebytes. Anyway, after running combofix, no longer have the background screen saying my pc is infected, also taskmanager is available again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds