Realtek hd audio help me!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by exiled101, Aug 22, 2008.

1. exiled101

exiled101 Private E-2

ok, im having problems with my on board Realtek HD audio sound card, My operating system is windows xp sp3 and my motherboard is a asus m2a-vm. when i instal my sound cards drivers everything installs fine, but when i reset my pc after installation, i get no sound and i see no lil sound icon in my task bar, i dont know if this might help but when i go into device manager under sound, video, and game contollers i see audio codecs, legacy audio driver, legacy video capture devices, media control devices, and video codes i also see under Other devices a unknown pci device with a yellow question mark, and also when i go to RUN and type DXIAG then i click the sound tab it had nothing listed as my sound card

ps. this is my first time ever posting on a forum and i also dont speak english to well somone plz help me!!!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    You seem to speak English just fine! ;) Anyway- remove the current sound driver and reboot. Then install the Microsoft UAA driver KB888111. You can download it from this link and scroll down until you see KB888111 then click the green "Download" over on the right side. Anyway- uninstall the current sound driver and reboot; install KB888111 and reboot if prompted; then re-install the sound driver and reboot again. That should do it!
    Let us know if this works! Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds