Headphone set not working???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tinkertoy, Mar 22, 2005.

1. tinkertoy

tinkertoy Private E-2

My Sound card works for the computer and allows plugin, stereo, desktop speakers.
    Computer is Dell Dimension, L1000R, Win98se updated, IE6+...
    Sound Card presently has CD plug into card, and works...
    External Jacks are three, one for stereo Desktop speakers that work...
    and one Jack Out for headphone set listen, and one jack in for headset mic...
    I also have another Video Card which is Win TV...
    Headphone earphones work if plugged into the desktop jack plug-in of soundcard! But will not work in the out jack of the plug-in jack for out,
    and until I am able to use the mic, not sure if mic jack is working???
    I am trying to use headphone set to be able to use internet for calling people thru the internet on their regular phones!!!

Sincerely,
    tinkertoy, any help appreciated!!!

2. Stygiis

Stygiis Private First Class

Your head phones would plug into the same jack as the speakers. The third jack you are seeing should be a line in. This is for recording sound/music from an external device to your PC. You will not get sound out through this port.

3. tinkertoy

tinkertoy Private E-2

Thanks for the help Stygiis!!!

tinkertoy

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds