Microsoft Word- Dots between characters and P's between paragraphs.

Discussion in 'Software' started by toddler, Feb 5, 2006.

1. toddler

toddler Private E-2

I don't know how I've managed this, but when I type on Microsoft Word there are dots in between every word I type signifying spaces, and "P" looking things in between paragraphs signifying paragraphs. This is very annoying and I was just wondering if there is a way i could turn this setting off and just have the normal screen while word processing.

please send reply to: deutschland_1396@hotmail.com

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which Office or Word version do you have?

as the options to turn this off is different... office 2003 which I'm using at present its turned off by going to Format > Reveal formatting and unticking Show all formatting marks.

but similar maybe found in your version of office, you need to turn off formatting marks.

3. toddler

toddler Private E-2

that solves the problem, thanks a lot.

4. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

You probably have one of those "P" looking things in your toolbar, and clicked on it accidentally. That will toggle the formatting marks on and off.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Mr P is correct as usual and has the easier option of turning it on/off, you would be looking for this icon.

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds