mouse freezes upon restart

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tat2d12000, Apr 21, 2007.

1. tat2d12000

tat2d12000 Private First Class

i bought a wireless mouse and keyboard installed the drivers after plugging the mouse into the ps2 port and the keyboard into the usb port. all good so far. suddenly i start having trouble with my mouse. if i restart my pc, the mouse is frozen; then the only thing i can do is power down the tower( cold shut) and power back up. at that point the mouse works again. when i go to my control panel under mouse it says i have 2 a ps2 mouse and an hid mouse, both working with the ps2 mouse enabled. what can i do to stop the freezeup? do i need to delete one of the mice listed or what? please help!

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Right click My Computer, click manage, click device manager, click mouse(s), click uninstall,-until one left.
    shut down, and restart.
    If still having problems, go to the same in device manager, and uninstall the driver to the last mouse, shut down, restart, and Windows should find it, and reinstall it.
    If not reinstall the mose driver from your cd.from

3. tat2d12000

tat2d12000 Private First Class

i have just recently tried to do as suggested above to fix my mouse trouble but when i start back up it just reinstalls the same old stuff. i still show an hid compliant mouse and a ps/2 mouse both enabled. can anyone help me further with this problem? the mouse works fine, but if i have to restart my pc then the mouse is frozen. i have to shut down, then start up and it works. this is extremely frustrating and time-consuming.

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

It appears to be a driver issue, so I suggest you restart, and press delete/f2, w=or, whichever sequence gets you into your Bios setup, and look for mouse settings in the Bios, and disable ps/2 mouse, then f10 save and exit, and restart.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds