Windows7 Updates causing internet access loss

Discussion in 'Software' started by SLoTH_XVX, Nov 21, 2014.

1. SLoTH_XVX

SLoTH_XVX Private First Class

EVERY TIME there is a Windows7 update i loose internet access...everytime.

is there a permanent fix for this?

I am running Windows7 Home Premium SP1
    Intel i7-4820k @3.70GHz
    16.0 gb RAM
    64 bit OS

What other info is needed to help with a solution for this issue.
    (Keep in mind i am currently posting via my table as i do not have internet access on the computer itself)

I have only had this computer since June and have lost internet access after every windows update...yes every update. I look online via my tablet to find out how to re-establish access by resetting some 'resetlog.txt' file but this does not seem to be working this time around.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , what is your antivirus ? Is your connection wired or wireless ? :wave

3. theefool

theefool Geekified

What router are you using to connect to the internet? Are you using DHCP or static IPs?

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Turn off automatic updates! for the sake of your sanity.

Perhaps Microsoft is also updating your drivers and that's why you lose connectivity.
    NEVER EVER download a suggested hardware update from Microsoft.

I'm going back at least a decade and running a Windows 2000 laptop. I installed a suggested hardware update and lost the ability to connect to the internet. Figuring I did something wrong, I removed the update, got the connection back then tried a second time. The result was exactly the same - no internet access. And that's when i decided I don't want any hardware updates from microsoft.

Look over your history and see exactly what was downloaded. If hardware is in there, uninstall it and hide the update.

5. SLoTH_XVX

Avast and wired.

6. SLoTH_XVX

Home conection through AT&T Uverse....i would assume static IP...

7. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

While offline go to Windows Update. On the left side select view update history and follow down the path plodr is suggesting -

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds