Can't install iTunes

Discussion in 'Software' started by JohnnyVan, Dec 3, 2006.

1. JohnnyVan

JohnnyVan Private E-2

(I tried a search on this but couldn't find anything that helped.)

I just got a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron E1505 running Windows XP Media Edition. When I go to install iTunes everything seems to go right but after it says it's finished and to click to finish and run iTunes the window just closes and iTunes doesn't start.

I went to Apple's site for trouble installing iTunes at:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93976
    I tried everything here and still no luck.

Oddly, when I try to install the stand alone Quicktime it says there is a newer version already installed and cancels the install. But when I search my HD for "quicktime" the only thing that comes up is "QuickTime.qts" in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder (which I have no idea what is) and "QuickTime.mpp" which is in the C:program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\Plug_ins\Multimeadia\MPP folder. So is the quicktime just hidden? (I have turned on visibility on hidden files).

I also tried running MSCONFIG and turned off all the start up apps and tried installing iTunes with the same results.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas to help?

Thanks in advance

2. JohnnyVan

JohnnyVan Private E-2

No one has any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds