Help with Startup menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by JukingJayT, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JukingJayT

JukingJayT Private E-2

Attached is a copy from CCleaner of my Startup menu. My computer is running awful slow. I've done all the Malware scans and virus scans suggested in "Do this first" post. Can I delete some of this stuff?

Attached Files:

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Yes, you certainly do not need all those starting on start up. But I would use an application like StartupCPL to remove them from start up. You can download it here.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download619.html

I see you are using a Sony Vaio - so keep the VAIO recovery program; ccApp; ezShieldProtector; osCheck; SBCSTray; ctfmon.exe (personally I would keep this one unless you really know what you are doing - it is a pain in the butt to shut down anyway); Registry Mechanic; Nvcpldaemon; Mouse Suite; Logitech utility; Lexmark; both ISUS entries; HKSERV (if you use the hotkey facility). All others you PROBABLY don't need on start up, but using the software below I would disable them at start up ONE BY ONE, just to be safe. Some of those I just listed you may also not need on start up, but without knowing your computer and how you use it I would rather aire on the side of caution.

Also you need to update your java with the latest version from here. Uninstall the Version 6 Update 3 you currently have using Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Sun_Java_Runtime_Environment_d4648.html

If after this your computer is still running really slow, work through the link below and post the requested logs in the Malware Forum, where one of the Authorized Malware Fighters will take a look at them and advise you further.

Read & RUN ME FIRST Before Asking for Support

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds