get current security setting prohibit running ActiveX message on all web pages

Discussion in 'Software' started by pittman, May 31, 2004.

1. pittman

pittman Private E-2

I get the error message:

Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this
    page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.

On every web page I access.

I tried low security and accept all cookies but security will not change
    from Medium. Don't know why.

IE appears do be trying to load a web page INTLBAND.HTM from Office. This
    is an error message that
    says that Web Discussions Band is not properly installed.

I have no idea what this means. I don't know what Web Discussions Band is
    and don't think I tried to
    install it or am using it. I am on IE 6.02 and XP SP2.

Anyone who has any idea what is happening? I would appreciate your help.

Regards,
    James C. Pittman

2. Shimorei

Shimorei Private E-2

Hey, Noob to the forum here, but I was just roaming around and just wanna mention a few things.
    1- Try knocking off this puppies extension, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\INTLBAND.HTM, that should get rid of any Discussion Band Problems, if not, just put the htm back in it and uninstall office. (Don't forget to restart after killing the extension.)

2- If this does not work, you have Active X issues that are going to be a pain in ye olde ass. (I'm assuming you ran an anti virus and Spyware program other than AVG or Norton, if not, try Avast! for your anti virus and Ad-Aware Se for you spyware.)

3- To fix Active X issues will take longer than my fingers really wanna type, so unless you know how to reset Active X privelages, reinstall IE or, if need be, a Reformat.

I know how you probably feel about reformatting, but it will save at least 9 head aches and a baby bunny.

3. Goldheart

Goldheart Private E-2

Dial-a-fix might be able to fix this issue. Give it a try.

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks, Shimorei.:cool: ;)

Just one thing, check the age of the thread to which you are replying.
    This thread is around 2 ½ years old.

The thread number will also provide a clue as to the age of the thread.
    MG threads are up in the 106,000's nowadays. Bazza

===

5. BCGray

BCGray Guest

Warning to all "Newbies":- "Search" is a powerful tool, make sure you use ALL safety procedures before using, this tool it has been known to cause reddening of the face, general embarrassment, and the comment "Darn I did That"..................................Hey WELCOME TO MAJOR GEEKS SHIREMOI & GOLDHEART keep posting guys, all of us here have done something similar, and you should give an extra thanks to the Bazza for cleary and kindly showing you what to look for.

Great Post Bazza

6. Goldheart

Goldheart Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome BCGray. I didn't even notice that the first post was so old! So many posts, so little time! :)

7. Shimorei

Shimorei Private E-2

Heh.. I was just passing some time... but may as well answer an older question than answer no question at all. Besides, answering all questions will look good on the forum... :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds