making seperate ip's through router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eatmytrance, Oct 2, 2010.

1. eatmytrance

eatmytrance Private E-2

Hi,

I heard that it could be possible to adjust the bandwidth of each computer connected to the router by making seperate ip adresses?

I live in shared accomodation, the other people living with me are very unreasonable about turning off/stopping their constant stream of downloading (mainly terrible 'music' and awful hollywood films)

anyway, I have the router in my room if this helps. I don't know where to start with this as I am still learning the ins and outs so any help is appreciated :)

I am not planning on being greedy I just want to spread the bandwidth evenly so as to keep every1 happy, if this is possible..

Cheers

2. eatmytrance

eatmytrance Private E-2

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Will the free proxy servers offer the same features (or just the one I am after) as wingate? If so is there 1 in particular to go for?

I suppose not using a proxy server would mean getting long detailed instructions resulting in a major hassle for the tutor!

Cheers

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds