So my mom buys this bread dish, see ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FED UP, Feb 6, 2012.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

And reads the labels on the bottom of it, and, well, I'll let you look for yourself .

Attached Files:

2. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

I'm just wondering if it's safe to cook food on this thing ?
    rolleyes

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

roflmao

They are covering their a$$es? :-D

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Bread tray as per bar-code. No cooking.

5. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

But it says "Safe for cooking" right there on the label !
    :(

6. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

The first dark sticker also mention tray and no cooking. Tray being the key word.
    Cheers..

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Safe to cook with but not recommended because it'd be a right PITA to clean afterwards?

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yeah its safe but your bread comes out with a hippy logo on so someone who's had a pretty bad day may take an umbrella jam it where the sun doesn't shine, then open it...

Its not a recommended experience:-D

9. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

It says "is not recommended for cooking food"

Well obviously, you put food on it and then cook the food with an oven or some such, so they are just telling you that simply dumping a pile of dough in the pan and waiting for it to rise is "Not Recommended"
    Therefore you must use an oven as well ;)

Seriously though, it's either as Laura said them covering every angle, in which case you shoul drop it on your foot and sue them for that :-D
    Or it's a mistake and there could be chemicals that are not healthy if extreme temps are reached.

Personally I'd be afraid...... very.... afraid .....

.....Just kidding, I'd probably just cook on it and see what happens :-D

10. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Probably, the corrected Not Safe label was supposed to cover up the original label. Just didn't get applied correctly.

The more important question is if your mom isn't telling you or your dad something. Looks like most people interested in that tray have one thing in common.;)

11. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Since I'm not sure what type of metal the tray is made of, I'd err on the side of caution and use it for serving warm to room temperature food only.

It reminds me of a story I saw about Fiesta Ware (an overpriced dinnerware that was sold at Macy's and other dept. stores) a few years ago. Although it was safe to eat off of, nuking it in the microwave or placing it in the oven would create enough heat that lead and other no so tasty chemicals would leech out of the plates and into the food. :puke

12. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

http://www.armetale.com/index.php?pID=59

.. :p

Cheers..

13. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

There ya go. So if you bake with it and die of metallic poisoning, or something, your surviving relatives can't sue them. :-D

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Why cook in a serving tray? Is obviously not a bread pan... :confused

15. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

I think this requires, no demands, an call to customer service. On video. YouTube would be good. :-D

16. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Yeah I already looked for an email address on the sites "CONTACT" tab . No dice .

NED : Alrighty then . Ill cook on it, send it to you, and you eat it LIVE ON CAM !
    Deal ?
    ;)

17. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

...and you can tell it's not, because the text isn't mirrored. If you try to make bread in that, the letters and words in the bread will be all backwards, the way they'd be if you hold the tray up in front of a mirror, and try to read the reflection.

18. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

That is very observant Detective Mimsy. The case is closed.;)

19. Mimsy

Elementary, my dear Sibeer. Now, let's get back to the mystery of why dog didn't bark. :major

20. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Hey, free food cooked by someone else, who in their right mind would turn that down ? :-D

21. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Ah,...but can you keep it down???;)

22. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

This would likely be determined by what ingredients I used . .
    Seems there's some extra Mighty Dog in the kitchen . . . .:p

23. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Ah well, when you're talking about nasty ingredients, it's more a case of getting it to go down, once it's there it's fine, I have an iron stomach :-D

24. Mimsy

Someone already familiar with FED's cooking skills? :innocent

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds