Cannot connect to certain websites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Momadu, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Momadu

Momadu Private E-2

Hello,

I did a search of similar problems but have not yet been able to figure this out. It is really frustrating.

I am unable to connect to certain websites. For example, I cannot connect to yahoo, facebook, and the motley fool sites.

I have a cable modem through Comcast, and a Linksys WRT150N wireless router. The connection is an automatically configured DCHP. It appears that the problem is with the router, as I can connect to these sites if I connect directly to my PC through the cable modem. The PC is connected with a ethernet cable. My laptop is able to connect to the websites wirelessly.

What I have tried: I have done a complete malware search. Typically, I keep my machine up-to-date and with anti-spyware, and virus software.

I have done the reset/reboot thing. Disabling the firewalls through the router or PC do not change the problem.

I also tried to change the MTU settings with no luck. I am able to ping/traceroute the sites without problems.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

2. whicky1978

whicky1978 Staff Sergeant

Try using different browswers, how many websites have problems? Do you edit your hosts file? I do this, and I found that if the website changed it's IP address, then I have to edit the file or delete entry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds