Monitor issue..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeszykaH, Nov 23, 2008.

1. jeszykaH

jeszykaH Private E-2

yesterday I was transferring pictures from my camera onto my computer.. I was using the UBS plug-in on the back of my tower.. my computer is custom-built.. when I finished and unplugged the USB cable.. I lost my monitor screen.. I thought maybe I hit something.. I wasn't sure.. so I checked.. everything was fine.. so then I tried unplugging everything.. re-plugging.. and trying again.. still no monitor screen.. the LED light just blinks.. my computer is running.. fans are running.. just no picture.. I even tried using another monitor on my computer.. still no picture.. but my monitor worked on another computer.. so I know it's not the monitor.. anyone have any idea?? thank you in advance..

2. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Try reseating the video card , you may have inadvertenly jolted it when unplugging usb.

3. jeszykaH

jeszykaH Private E-2

I just tried reseating the video card.. still no picture.. :(

4. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you tried another vid card on your computer, if you can borrow one to try it will help diagnose the problem. If not try your card in another computer.

5. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

Ya I have seen that happen numerous times. It is almost always related to the video adapter. I would try the above suggestion.

Just to rule out the monitor you can always test that on another computer or test another monitor on your pc.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds