ChkDsk Has "No Direct Access" to My Desktop's C:\ Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by AngelsWilliam, Jul 22, 2012.

1. AngelsWilliam

AngelsWilliam Private First Class

When I set my computer to run ChkDsk on restart and repair all errors, it came up with a message that said, "Unable to establish direct access," or something similar and continued with startup as normal. Ever since then, I get the same message on each startup. (I know, it's because it's still got the unsatisfied command to run ChkDsk.)

I have run SAS and MBAM and Comodo AV, and they've found nothing...until last night, interestingly enough. MBAM found a trojan in the Internet Explorer program file folder, and the only thing I'd done with IE was check for updates and download a piece of software supposedly from Microsoft after it checked to see if I had all the necessary update software. After MBAM found that trojan, I thought I'd try restarting my computer to see if ChkDsk would run. Nnnnnope.

So, I decided to run your routine (lotsa new and interesting stuff!) and turn in my logs. I didn't rerun SAS and MBAM in routine order because I'd just run them that day/night. I hope that's okay. *ducks and covers*

I did check the relevant previous queries on this topic; and the only thing that might have applied to me was uninstalling Spyware Doctor, but I apparently already had a while ago.

Soooo, I've attached my logs. I hope you find something because, according to my tech-savvy friend after he checked basic system things over, this means I've got a big nasty on my computer and if I don't get rid of it soon my HD is basically toast. (He would have done more, but he didn't have all his system tools with him because he hadn't been warned, and he lives 3 hours away and only has about an hour to look things over when he's here for writers' meetings.)

Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

2. AngelsWilliam

And, here is the MBAM log. I hope I got this new routine right, attachment-wise. I was so used to the old one!

Thanks again!
    AngelsWilliam (a/k/a, Nondenomifan and Origuessimabinicorn)

Attached Files:

3. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Hello AngelsWilliam,

Your logs are clean.
    Moving your thread to Software as this is not malware related.

4. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Hello AngelsWilliam.

Have you tried running chkdsk from a command prompt?
    Start button > Run
    enter CMD​

Here is a Microsoft Support article:
    Unable to run CHKDSK

5. AngelsWilliam

I believe my friend did, yes. I remember him trying an alternative of some kind, and when it didn't work, he said, "Oooooh...."

6. AngelsWilliam

Um...I have another issue with my laptop, wherein it suddenly stops being able to access the Internet. May we mark this one closed so I can enter logs for that, please?

My friend has pretty much decided to rebuild the desktop with Windows 7 Pro. ERRRRRRRRG. Like I have that kind of money. He's a lovely friend, though, and is willing to do this stuff for free because, "If I didn't help my friends, what good would I be as a friend?" Bless his soul.

Thank you for trying,
    AW

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds