Long continuous beeps with fan use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stuborndancer, Aug 8, 2014.

1. stuborndancer

stuborndancer Private E-2

Hey there, first time posting.

So I have suddenly started to get a long continuous and non stop beeping from my computer while playing games. I have np8170 btw. Temps are fine, reset bios by taking out cmos battery, didn't help. By turning the fans on high manually I can get the continuous beeps to start in a couple seconds which is shortly followed by a immediate turn off. It makes me think it is a psu problem, but I would love some input and advice.

Thank you for your time and help.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, stuborndancer, Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Could you please be more specific about the make and model of your computer, the version of Windows you're running and the configuration of your computer (CPU, graphics, power supply, etc.)?

3. stuborndancer

stuborndancer Private E-2

Sure.

Sager np8170
    Windows 7
    intel core i7-2760qm
    16gb ram
    6990m graphics card
    120 ssd
    secondary 1tb hdd

Powerbrick and such I am unsure of. Stock clevo laptop power supply.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds