W98 RDP wont let you save password

Discussion in 'Software' started by RdHdSuzyQ, Apr 20, 2005.

1. RdHdSuzyQ

RdHdSuzyQ Private E-2

Windows 98 computer, Remote desktop client installed. When you try to save a remote desktop connection, save password box is grayed out. Any suggestions?

2. gqsmooth

gqsmooth Private E-2

This is by design. The method used to encrypt the stored password is
    not available on W9x or NT4. You need W2K or XP for this.

Dean

3. RdHdSuzyQ

RdHdSuzyQ Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I figured was going on. I was able to get around it by creating a terminal services connection to the remote desktop and it let me save the login info. You would think that they would note that somewhere on Microsoft - maybe somewhere in the articles about how wonderful remote desktop works on W98 and NT4 computers... Oh well, thats one of the reasons why there are boards like this, so we can all share the info that Microsoft left out <grin>

Thanks again,

Susan

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds